THE RETREAT. 6 – 11 APRIL, 2021:
A retreat in name. However we would rather you think of this time spent with us, if you allow for us to get dreamy for a moment, to use the white-washed pristine beaches of Diani as your blank canvas from which to create your dream beach escape.
For Tana, this affords her the opportunity to share her childhood home with you. Along with her father, Peter, they play the perfect local hosts along with their wonderful team on the ground. This is also the perfect opportunity for them to share stories and Diani’s special spots for you to explore during your free time at Moringa House.
For Mark, this time on retreat with you give him the chance to share is absolute love of Africa with you. Combined with the aspect of yoga teaching and both his history and passion for hospitality, it is in places and experiences like this that you will really see his African personality shine.
Your time at the retreat offers you the opportunity to explore,swim, relax, move, eat delicious & nutritious food and connect through yoga and the beautiful surroundings.
Every morning we will start with an all levels vinyasa class from 9am (giving you enough time in the morning to lie in, swim or explore for a bit). During all the classes an ‘aya’ or child-minder is on hand to look after your kids should you wish to join the classes (all classes completely optional).
After the yoga a brunch will be served on the patio after which the rest of the afternoon is yours to enjoy.
In the late afternoon you will have the option to join us for an afternoon yoga practice (or take a siesta should you need one!). These afternoon sessions will have a different focus each day – including acroyoga, pranayama & movement workshops and more.
Dinner is a time for us to come together and enjoy traditional Swahili meals and seafood dinners under the stars – with a few extra surprises thrown in during your stay.
Should you want to extend your stay at Moringa House or add a safari extension on to your trip, let us know and we’d be happy to help you arrange this. Kenya’s national parks & wildlife are unlike any other, memories & moments you will carry with you forever.
You will be staying on a large family beachfront plot centrally located directly on beautiful Galu Beach in Diani. There are a total of three short-term rental houses (1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 5 bedroom) at Moringa House, situated in a lush expansive garden. The swimming pool and beach patio is shared among guests and set amidst giant baobabs, swaying palm trees and has stunning views of the pristine beach and Indian Ocean.
Galu Beach is the central part of three stretches of 7 km beaches that make up the 25 km of Diani Beach (Diani, Galu, Kinondo & Chale Island). On Galu the majority of the houses are residential homes or smaller hotels, further away from the hassle of the bigger resort further north. The beach and ocean offers a wide range of water sport activities and marine life.
The plot is a 5 min walk to two of Diani’s best restaurants as well as the most popular kitesurfing centre. Vegetable & fruit kiosks with the basics can be found just outside the property gate. A 5-10 minute drive from the house (most people without a car use a tuktuk or taxi) you’ll find banks, ATM machines, pharmacies/hospital clinics, tour operators, shops etc. 45 Minutes west you’ve got the Shimba Hills game reserve and to the south Kisite Marine pPark, were you have the chance to visit to Wasini Island. Enjoy a boat cruise with snorkelling, turtle and dolphin watching in Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park and a seafood lunch – this is optional but something we highly recommend doing!
- ZAR10 250 / $650 per person – single (approximately
- ZAR9 750 / $615 per person – sharing
- ZAR4 250 / $275 per child (under 12 years)
- 5 nights accommodation staying in en-suite beach-side rooms – chat to us about extending your beach stay or including a safari extension to one of Kenya’s many amazing national parks including Amboseli, Masai Mara, Tsavo and Laikipia
- 6 daily inyasa yoga class – hosted by either Tana or Mark, all classes are optional
- 4 daily group wellness sessions – an opportunity to explore other aspects of movement, body and breath
- wholesome Kenyan-inspired brunches and dinners daily
- daily fresh coconuts
- an ‘aya’ or child-minder on hand during all yoga and wellness classes with activities including coconut collections walks, camel beach treks, Kenyan treasure island and much more
- SUP boards on-site
- flights to and from Diani Beach – we recommend flying via Nairobi directly to Ukunda airport which is a 15 minute drive from Moringa House. There is also the option to fly Nairobi – Mombasa and then take a taxi from MBA airport to Moringa House (US$50).
- personal travel insurance
- additional ‘aya’ or nanny hire at US$10 – 15 per day
- drinks and activities not stipulated
- taxi from Ukunda airport to Moringa House – we can gladly facilitate our private driver to collect you – approximate cost one way is US$10
ADDITIONAL INFO & ACTIVITIES
- Please let us know if you would like prices in any foreign currencies
- Payment is possible via EFT or secure credit card payment
- Deposit of 30% required to confirm your spot with balance of payment due 45 days prior to arrival
- Additional activities available that we can book for you include:
- Masai Bead Market (via TukTuk)
- Scuba Diving, Snorkeling and Boat Trips in Diani Beach
- A visit to Shimba Hills for some game viewing
- See the Colobus monkeys at Colobus Conservation
- Diani Dhow safari
Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your ultimate Easter holiday escape with us!